Insurance Law & Risk Management
The insurance law and risk management practice of Gibbs Giden represents insureds and leading insurers, reinsurers, and insurance brokers in claims and coverage disputes such as first-party property losses, casualty claims, liability claims, business interruption claims, pollution losses, professional liability claims, builder’s risk claims, earthquake losses, flood damage claims, directors and officers liability claims, fidelity claims, surety claims, reinsurance claims, excess insurance claims, and multi-carrier litigation. Gibbs Giden attorneys have vast experience in preparing and negotiating claims and litigating insurance coverage to maximize recovery for our clients. Our attorneys have a wide range of experience advising clients regarding insurance coverage and exclusions. We have handled thousands of insurance cases and have obtained substantial recoveries for our clients. Gibbs Giden is also approved and retained by leading insurance carriers to represent their insureds in defense of claims.
Our attorneys are highly experienced in risk management, as well as the analysis, negotiation, and litigation of insurance coverage issues common to the business, real estate, manufacturing, construction, and title insurance industries. Gibbs Giden attorneys counsel companies in the construction, manufacturing, transportation, real estate, and retail industries regarding insurance policy language, program structure, negotiations, alternative risk vehicles, and claim evaluation with respect to the following:
- Capital Improvement Projects
- Public Contracts
- Owner and Contractor Controlled Insurance Programs
- Project Specific and Rolling Wrap-up Insurance Programs
- Contractor/Subcontractor Default Insurance
- Surety Bonds
- Title Insurance
- Other Special Risks
Gibbs Giden is recognized for our forty years of representing title insurers. On behalf of those insured by our title insurance company clients, Gibbs Giden assists in issuing and evaluating policies, rendering coverage opinions, and resolving title disputes. Our attorneys counsel title insurance carriers directly in coverage disputes and claims. We have extensive experience handling all aspects of litigation arising from insurer liability and title insurance coverage claims.
Our experience in business, construction, public contracts, labor and employment, and real estate development provides us with particular insight for dealing with insurance and risk management issues.
Notable Projects and Cases
- Negotiated subscription wrap-up insurance programs for high rise residential projects
- Drafted insurance specifications for numerous real estate developments and public works projects
- Litigated builder’s risk insurance claims on public works and private projects
- Obtained multi-million dollar settlements on toxic spills and environmental insurance claims
- Settled business interruption insurance claims for business owners and developers
- Negotiated settlements and take-over agreements for public entities on performance bond claims
For more information email us at email@example.com or call our Los Angeles office at 310-552-3400, our Westlake office 805-261-1777, our Irvine office at 949-287-8044, or our Las Vegas office at 702-836-9800.