From our beginnings in 1978 serving the needs of the construction industry, Gibbs Giden has since built a firm of talented attorneys rich in experience and insight across many sectors of the economy, including:
- Business. Businesses are built on hard work, collaboration and commitment. It takes a team of skilled professionals, each the best in their field, pulling together and lifting each other up in pursuit of a common goal. The business lawyers at Gibbs Giden understand this innately, which is why companies across California and Nevada have relied on our sound counsel, clear guidance, and tireless efforts for four decades.
- Common Interest Communities. Gibbs Giden is recognized throughout California and Nevada for their thoughtful and responsive representation of homeowners’ associations, condominium associations, and all common interest communities. Working with boards of directors and management companies, our attorneys possess the knowledge and experience to accommodate the needs of common interest communities while doing so in a manner that is sensitive to the financial constraints faced by such communities.
- Construction. For four decades, those in the construction industry have turned to the lawyers at Gibbs Giden to facilitate projects, protect their interests, and advance their goals. Owners, general contractors, subcontractors, material suppliers, and design professionals alike know that few law firms boast as proud and extensive a legacy in the construction industry as Gibbs Giden. The firm was founded in 1978 to represent and serve the unique interests of clients involved in the planning and building of construction projects, and we continue to provide exceptional representation in all matters that intersect and impact such projects.
- Energy. Gibbs Giden attorneys provide a range of services to a diverse client base spanning the entire energy industry. Our clients include players in the electric power, oil and gas, nuclear, and renewable sectors. Those with energy interests have come to recognize Gibbs Giden’s multidisciplinary strengths and forward-leaning approach, which are essential qualities for advising a complex industry undergoing constant change.
- Insurance. Serving the needs of insurers and insureds alike, the attorneys in Gibbs Giden’s insurance law practice group possess the thorough understanding of the ever-changing legal, financial and practical challenges of the insurance industry necessary for sound counsel and constructive guidance. We offer seasoned representation on risk management matters, and provide comprehensive analysis, negotiation, and litigation of insurance coverage issues common to the business, real estate, manufacturing, construction and title insurance industries.
- Public Entities. The special legal needs of public entities require a law firm which understands the unique landscape in which they operate, the obligations they have to their constituents and the powers and constraints imposed by the law. Gibbs Giden provides a wide range of legal services to public entities throughout California and Nevada, marshalling the resources and insights of a team of committed and talented lawyers with decades of experience in the public sphere.
- Real Estate. The depth and breadth of experience among the attorneys in the real estate practice group at Gibbs Giden enables the firm to provide a wide range of sophisticated legal services in matters involving real property. We work closely and collaboratively with all players involved in a transaction – lenders, brokers, developers, contractors, local governments, and zoning boards. Our focus is on protecting and enhancing the value of our clients’ investment, removing obstacles to profitable transactions so that they can be consummated efficiently, and resolving disputes in a manner that best serves our clients’ interests.
- Title Insurance. Title insurance is a form of indemnity insurance which insures against financial loss from defects in title to real property and from the invalidity or unenforceability of mortgage loans. Title insurance protects buyers of real estate and issuers of mortgage loans from defects or problems with a land title in the transfer of property. If there is a title dispute resulting from a sale, the title insurance company may be responsible for paying specified legal damages, depending on the type of policy.
Whatever industry you your company excels in, we invite you to learn more about how the lawyers at Gibbs Giden can help you achieve even more. Please call our Los Angeles office at 310-552-3400, our Irvine office at 949-287-8044, or our Las Vegas office at 702-836-9800, or contact us online. We look forward to assisting you.