Client Service & Education
From the inception of our law practice, the attorneys of Gibbs Giden have shared the philosophy that the client’s interest must be kept paramount in every matter we handle. At each juncture, we strive to define the goals of our representation and develop a realistic budget for the performance of our work. We communicate regularly with our clients to develop and implement the most effective and economical strategies for achieving those goals.
Our attorneys can tailor each client service plan to include a customized legal education program to keep your staff and management up to date on legal issues that affect your company’s operations. Ask about our seminars the next time you speak to one of our attorneys. Popular topics are listed below; please ask about other topics if you are interested in a seminar on another topic. Our seminars are tailored to meet the specific concerns and needs of our clients.
- Statutory Remedies: Mechanics Liens, Stop Payment Notices, and Payment Bonds
- Key Contract Provisions
- Prevailing Wage Responsibilities Under California Law and the Federal Davis Bacon Act
- Employment Issues Under the California Labor Code and the Federal Fair Labor Standards Act
- Sexual Harassment and the Workplace
- Risk Management Programs
- Public Private Partnerships (“PPP’s”)
- Rights and Remedies for Delayed, Suspended, or Terminated Projects
- Change Orders
- Bidding Issues on Public Contracts
- Essential Record Keeping
- Scheduling Delays and Disruption of Work
- Project Closeout
- Construction Dispute Resolution
- AIA & Consensus Documents
- Practical Aspects of Depositions
As leaders in the construction industry, the attorneys of our firm frequently participate in speaking engagements attended by representatives of governmental bodies, private owners, developers, general contractors, subcontractors, suppliers, and construction industry associations, including the American Bar Association – Forum on Construction Law, Building Industry Association, Building Industry Credit Association, Associated Builders and Contractors, Associated General Contractors, Associated General Contractors – Legal Advisory Committee, American Institute of Architects, Construction Financial Management Association, National Association of Credit Managers, Credit Management Association, Construction Specifications Institute, and the Coalition for Adequate School Housing. If you are interested in attending one of these engagements, you will find a link below to upcoming events where a Gibbs Giden attorney is speaking.