HOW TO GET PAID ON CA CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS
October 28, 2020
This course is accredited for a one hour CLE credit in California.
What Christopher E. Ng will cover:
- Evaluating available statutory remedies (mechanics lien rights, bond claims, and stop payment notices) on private and public projects
- Properly reserving lien and bond rights when receiving payments from troubled customers
- Accurately identifying the deadline to record liens or to assert bond claims
- Avoiding getting caught in fraudulent schemes when selling MBEs/WBEs/DVBEs
- Understanding contract remedies (including the future of “pay when paid” provisions under Crosno, and writs of attachment)
- Piloting through force majeure issues as a result of COVID-19
- Navigating Bankruptcy Court when your customer, the general contractor, or the owner files bankruptcy
The course will be followed by a live Q&A.