Gibbs Giden attorneys provide a range of services to clients with respect to energy related matters in the areas of complex litigation, government enforcement, infrastructure development and operation, and compliance with government rules and regulations.
For players in the energy sector, our extensive experience across a wide range of legal disciplines allows us to assist with every issue and challenge faced by energy companies as well as their investors, sponsors and insurers. We advise clients on project development, structuring, finance, and construction to facilitate the successful completion and operation of electric, oil and gas, nuclear, and renewable energy projects throughout California and Nevada.
Our administrative law and litigation experience fuels our success when regulatory enforcement actions or disputes arise. We represent clients in regulatory matters at both the state and federal levels, including before the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC), other federal agencies with jurisdiction over energy matters, and state utility commissions. Additionally, our litigators aggressively protect our clients’ interests in:
- Civil and criminal enforcement proceedings
- Engineering, Procurement, and Construction Contracts
- Power Generation and Distribution Projects
- Private cost-recovery actions
- Toxic tort claims
- Superfund actions
- Insurance coverage disputes
- Internal and government investigations
- Market manipulation claims
- Energy Retrofits, Reporting, and Green Leasing